Add to my wishlist
Edfu and Kom Ombo Temples Tour Aswan
Having been picked up from your hotel in Aswan, you’ll make your way to the north, past scorching arid desert and through the…
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Having been picked up from your hotel in Aswan, you’ll make your way to the north, past scorching arid desert and through the fertile riverside plains marked by the course of the Nile.
- After a little over an hour’s drive, you’ll make the first stop of your day trip in Kom Ombo. The town is home to the ruins of a unique Egyptian temple, unusual for the fact that it is a double temple dedicated to two different deities: Sobek and Haroeris. Halls, courts and sanctuaries all have their almost identical twin in this sacred complex. The over-2000-year-old stone structures are decorated with mysterious hieroglyphics… will you be able to decipher their meaning?
- A short five minute walk away from the temple, you’ll reach another unusual site: the Crocodile Museum. As you take in the sight of these millennia-old mummified reptiles, learn why the scaly animals were so revered in Ancient Egypt.
- Following a well-deserved break for lunch in a local restaurant in Kom Ombo, you’ll set off for the next part of your tour.
- Arriving in Edfu, a town on the banks of the river Nile about halfway between Aswan and Luxor, you’ll then visit the Temple of Horus. The falcon-headed deity was one of the most important gods throughout all of Ancient Egyptian history, but the sacred figure remains shrouded in many mysteries. Discover why the divine being was so significant in the religious, political and cultural life of Pharaonic Egypt.
- At the end of a fascinating day, you’ll be returned to your hotel in Aswan.
No details found.
- Hotel pick up and drop off.
- English speaking guide.
- Transport by air conditioned bus.
- Entrance to places on the visit.
No details found.
No Details Found
There are no reviews yet.